1. General terms & conditions
Edenred Pay is a service provided by Edenred Romania (a company registered in Romania under number J40 / 5659/1998, unique registration code 10696741, with registered office in Calea Serban Voda no. 133, Sector 4, Bucharest, Romania), that allow a beneficiary of a Ticket Restaurant® Card (hereinafter the "User"), to save its Ticket Restaurant® Card (hereinafter the "Card") onto his device in order to perform contactless payment with such device (hereinafter the “Service”). The Service is governed by the following terms and conditions (hereinafter the T&Cs).
Edenred Pay is also subject to the terms and conditions of the Ticket Restaurant® Card (available on the website www.edenred.ro) applicable between Edenred Romania, the authorized issuer of the meal tickets stored on the Card, a company registered in Romania under number J40 / 5659/1998, unique registration code 10696741, with registered office in Calea Serban Voda no. 133, Sector 4, Bucharest, Romania; Prepay Technologies Limited, the card issuer, company registered in England and Wales under number 04008083, which can be contacted at PO BOX 3883, Swindon, SN3 9EA, (Edenred Romania and Prepay Technologies limited hereinafter collectively referred to as "Issuer") and the User.
If there is any conflict between the Edenred Pay T&Cs and the Ticket Restaurant® Card terms and conditions, the Ticket Restaurant® Card terms and conditions shall prevail.
The use Edenred Pay requires that the User agree to the following terms in full. The Issuer reserves the right to modify, at any time, the T&Cs, by posting an updated version on the website www.edenred.ro.
The User shall be deemed to have accepted any modification of the terms and conditions should the User continues to use Edenred Pay service together with the Card once the changes have entered into force.
2. Requirement for the use of the Service
By agreeing to the T&Cs, the User represent that he/she:
- ● Is at least 18 years old;
- ●Is capable of entering into a legally binding agreement with the Issuer;
- ● Is the holder of the Card;
- ● Has a valid user account “My Edenred”;
- ● Uses the Card in accordance with the Ticket Restaurant® Card terms and conditions..
The User expressly represent not to use the Card and the Service except for his own needs, being excluded any other use. The use of the Service by a third party, other than the Cardholder, is strictly forbidden. It is possible that, in accordance with the legal provisions in force governing the meal vouchers, the merchant may request the User to present an identity document or service card when using the Service or the Card.
To use the Service the User also need:
- ● A device that meets the Service's system and compatibility requirements and compatible software (as described below);
- ● working Internet access.
Such system requirements are the User’s responsibility.
By accepting the T&Cs, the User represents and warrants that he will not use the Service and/or the Card for the following purpose and/or purchases:
- ● Alcohol;
- ● Tobacco and cigarettes;
- ● Non-food items;
- ● Fund solicitations
- ● Gaming/gambling
- ● Government IDs, documents, or uniforms
- ● Human parts
- ● Illegal / Stolen goods
- ● Illegal Activities
- ● Promote or support membership in terrorist groups or other organizations prohibited by law
- ● Pyrotechnic devices and hazardous materials
- ● Regulated goods
- ● Weapons
- ● Wholesale currency
3.1 Register a Card
To register an Edenred card via Edenred Pay, the user must:
- ● First select a card from the list offered, in order to display the card details. The cards eligible to the Service have a Scheme logo,
- ● Launch the registration process by clicking on the "Set up E Pay" button,
- ● Click on “Continue” button in the interstitial screen that is displayed to explain the promise of the Service:
- ● The Service recovers the encrypted data of the card from the issuer,
- ● The Service asks the Scheme to check the eligibility of the card with the issuer,
- ● The Service retrieves these Terms & Conditions from the Scheme
- ● Read entirely these terms and conditions and accept them in order to use the service,
- ● Wait until the registration process continues automatically – several screens will be displayed at each step:
- ● “Validation of your card by Edenred”: the Service provisions the cards and asks the Scheme to request the card digitization with Issuer (creation of a digital token),
- ● “Setup of your card for Edenred Pay”: the Service activate the digital token,
- ● “Your card has been added to Edenred Pay”: the Service registers the card in the device,
- ● Check on the cards list that a NFC logo is displayed on the registered card.
3.2 System and compatibility requirements
The Service officially supports Android version from 5.0 to 9.0.
The contactless payment service works with all devices compatible with NFC payment (HCE module).
3.3 Use of the Service
To use the Service, the User must activate the NFC functionality of its device and place its device on the merchant’s terminal for payment.
The User agrees and acknowledge that any payment transaction through the Service is final as soon as it has been validated by him.
The Issuer not charge any fees, commissions or fees for the use of the Service, the costs incurred by the User being those incurred by the mobile subscription or the costs of the Internet connection.
The User may, at any time, cease the use of the Service. To do this, the User will have to delete his / her Card data on the Edenred Pay Service.
The Issuer reserves the right to terminate, at any time, the use of the Service. In this case, the Parties expressly agree that the Terms and Conditions of Use of the Ticket Restaurant® Card continue to govern the use of the Card.
4. Security measure and behavior
The security rules applicable to the use of the Card are supplemented as follows:
- ● Keep your phone / device / material under surveillance;
- ● Use an adequate and sufficient level of security (password, username);
- ● Keep your device and Card username and password in a secure manner
The User is expressly informed that in the event of a Card suspension / blocking, under the conditions referred to in Article 12 of the Terms and conditions of use of the Ticket Restaurant® Card, the Service will no longer be available, without triggering any responsibility of the Issuer.
In case of fraudulent use of the Card, or in case of its loss, for that Card to be completely unusable, the User must:
- ● to block the respective Card, under the conditions described in the provisions contained in the Terms and conditions of use of the Card;
- ● delete the respective Card from Edenred Pay.
If the blocked card is not deleted from Edenred Pay, the Service may remain available.
The card locking action can be permanent, after which the User can no longer use the Card, needing a new Card. Therefore, we recommend that the User inform his employer in good time about this action.
5. Personal Data Protection – Information
The personal data relating to the User are subject to processing, in order to allow the use of the Card within the Service.
The issuer undertakes to perform the necessary processing for the operation of the Service according to the Terms and conditions of use of the Card, in force at the date of processing.
According to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC, the User has the right of access, modification and rectification of the of the personal data aimed at it. The User will also be able to express, for legitimate reasons, the right to object to the processing of his personal data. In such a case, the User is informed that the deletion of his personal data has as a consequence the impossibility to use the Card, and / or the Service, without attracting the responsibility of the Issuer.
In order to exercise its aforementioned rights, the User will send a request to Edenred Romania at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. The User can also send a personalized request, signed and dated with your personal data that he wants Edenred to update or delete, at the registered office of Edenred, to the attention of the person responsible for the processing of personal data: Edenred Bucharest, Calea Serban Voda 133, 040205 - Sector 4, Bucharest, for the data processed by the Issuer.
Article 6 - Responsibility / limits of responsibility
The issuer will perform the checks and authentications required to register the Card in Edenred Pay. The Terms and conditions of use of the Card are applicable, especially those regarding the Issuer's responsibility in using the Card.
Otherwise, the Issuer is not responsible for using Edenred Pay and / or any other computer / software material made available on the User’s device, in particular regarding the performance of the instruments or their security.
The Card being a nominal and personal one, according to the regulations in force, the User must never allow a third party, regardless of who it is, to use his Card and / or the Service.
Otherwise, the User is considered and remains solely responsible for the eventual use of the Service and / or the Card by a third party who would access the Service due to it, and assumes in its entirety the risks related to its use, especially those related to the transactions, performed without any responsibility from the Issuer in these situations.
Article 7 - Miscellaneous
Edenred, Edenred logo, Ticket Restaurant are registered trademarks owned by Edenred S.A.