VERSION OF: JUNE 30, 2021
- Who are we?
- What are cookies?
- Lifetime of cookies
- Proprietary cookies and cookies placed by third parties
- Cookies generally used on websites
- Restriction and deletion of cookies
- Security recommendations
- Updating this policy
1. WHO ARE WE?
3. WHAT ARE COOKIES?
3.1. Cookies are small text files consisting of letters and numbers, which will be stored on the user device (computer, mobile terminal or other devices) when he or she accesses the Internet. Cookies are installed through the request sent by a webserver to a browser and are completely passive, in the sense that they do not contain software, viruses or spyware and cannot access the information on the user hard drive. Cookies can be recognized by the website that downloaded them or by any other website that uses the same cookies. This way websites can find out if a device has visited them before.
3.2. A cookie contains information that links your browser to our Site. Each time you return to our Site, the webserver will read the information already stored and we will not ask you again regarding your options, for example in terms of online privacy, the language of the site, saving your registration data or relevant advertising. You can change these options at any time.
4. LIFETIME OF COOKIES
4.1. The lifetime of a cookie can vary significantly, depending on its purpose. Some cookies are used exclusively for a single session (so-called session cookies) and shall be deleted from your hard drive immediately after your browsing session. Such cookies are temporarily stored in the web browser cookie folder so that the browser can remember them until the user leaves the respective website or closes the browser window (for example when logging in / logging out to a web-mail account or to social networks).
4.2. Other cookies remain stored on the hard drive of your device and will be reused each time you return to the Site (so-called persistent cookies), allowing us to recognize the device in the event of a subsequent visit to our Site. Persistent cookies also include those placed by a website other than the one the user is currently visiting - known as "third party cookies" - which can be used anonymously to memorize the user interests so that the most relevant advertising for users is delivered.
4.3. You can delete the cookies saved at any time through the settings of your browser, more details being provided in section 7 below.
5. PROPRIETARY COOKIES AND COOKIES PLACED BY THIRD PARTIES
5.2. We use our own cookies to estimate the number of unique visitors, to improve our Sites and to detect the most searched words in search engines that lead to a web page. We also use these cookies to learn the way our website functions, to perform relevant improvements, and to improve your browsing experience.
5.3. Cookies placed by third parties are not placed directly by the website visited. Cookies belong to service providers, such as Google Analytics or social media, that check how users interact with the content of a website. These cookies retain what users have done on the website pages and how they interacted with the website. For instructions on how to opt out of cookies, see section 7 below.
6. COOKIES GENERALLY USED ON WEBSITES
6.2. Cookies commonly used on most websites are classified as follows:
- a) Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential for browsing the website and using its functions, such as page navigation and accessing secure areas. The website cannot function properly without such cookies;
- b) Performance cookies: These cookies collect information about the way a user uses a website – for example, the pages visited and the errors displayed. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a user. All information that such cookies collect is anonymous and is used only to improve how the website functions;
- c) Preference or Functional cookies: These cookies allow a website to remember information that changes how the website interacts or display, such as the username of the user, preferred language, or region. These cookies may also be used to remember changes made by a user, such as text size, font, and other parts of pages they may customize. They may also be used to provide services such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymous and cannot track the browsing activity of the user on other websites;
- d) Tailored content cookies: These cookies help a website provide enhanced features and display content in a way that is relevant to a user. These cookies help a website determine what information to display to a user based on how they previously used the website. These cookies do not track the browsing activity of the user on other websites;
- e) Analysis or statistical cookies: These cookies are used to collect and report aggregated anonymous information about the number of visitors and how they use the website. These cookies collect information for statistical purposes only and use only pseudonymous cookie identifiers that directly identify the user;
- f) Targeting or marketing cookies: These cookies are used to track visitors on websites to provide more relevant and attractive advertising to the user. They are also used to limit how many times a user sees an ad, as well as to help measure the effectiveness of a marketing campaign. These cookies remind themselves that a user has visited a website and this information may be shared with other organizations, such as third-party marketing and advertising agencies. This means that after a user has been on a website, he or she can see some advertisements about that website elsewhere on the Internet. Although such cookies may track the user device visits to websites, they usually cannot personally identify the user;
- g) Social and content cookies: These cookies are placed by several social media plugins (e.g. the "like" button on Facebook) and other tools designed to provide or improve content on a website (e.g. services that allow the playing of video files or create comment sections). These cookies are integrated to improve the browsing and interaction experience with the website. Some of these third-party services place cookies that are also used for behavioral advertising, analytics and/or market research.
6.3. Edenred uses those cookies categories described in “Cookies Settings” page. These categories may vary between Edenred’s Sites, based on the purposes we want to achieve. For instructions on how to access the cookie setting page, check section 7 below.
7. RESTRICTION AND DELETION OF COOKIES
7.1. On the first visit to the Site, through the cookie banner, you will be able to choose the categories of cookies that you accept (except for the essential cookies for the operation of the Site, without which you will not be able to access the Site). Subsequently, if you want to change your preferences, you can change the cookie settings on our Site at any time via the cookie settings page. This page can be accessed at any time and from any Site’s page, by clicking the hoover button that is always on the screen in the lower left corner, over the text.
7.2. If you wish, you can restrict or delete cookies using your browser settings. However, we remind you that if you have cookies restricted on your device, you will no longer be able to use all the functions of our Sites. For example, disabling certain cookies would no longer allow us to display certain types of content. To change the browser settings, you can access the "Help" section of the browser, or you can access directly the following links:
- a) Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/delete-and-manage-cookies-168dab11-0753-043d-7c16-ede5947fc64d
- b) Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- c) Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
- d) Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/block-websites-storing-cookies-site-data-firefox
- e) Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/
7.3. You can learn more about changing the settings by accessing the following link: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
8. SECURITY RECOMMENDATIONS
8.1. Below you can find some tips to help you browse safely using and accepting cookies:
- b) If you share access to your computer with multiple persons, you can consider setting your browser to delete individual browsing data each time you close your browser. This is a way to access websites that place cookies and delete any visitation information at the close of the browsing session;
- c) Install and constantly update your antivirus and antispyware apps.;
- d) Many spyware detection and prevention apps include detecting attacks on websites. This prevents the browser from accessing websites that could exploit browser vulnerabilities or download dangerous software;
- e) Make sure your browser is always up to date. Many cookie-based attacks are carried out by exploiting the weaknesses of old versions of browsers.
9. UPDATING THIS POLICY
9.1. Edenred may periodically update this Policy without prior notice as the activity and services provided by Us expand or change, or if Edenred is required under the law to make amendments. If Edenred proceeds so, it shall display the most up-to-date version on its Sites. Therefore, please check periodically for updates. If Edenred makes major changes to the practices specified in this Policy, we will notify you using the available contact details.